Thursday, January 7, 2010

Got up at six and rode the bike in the garage for about fifteen minutes. Got to figure out if I can bring it in though because Tim has already claimed that space in the morning and inhaling cigarette fumes isn't a good idea while exercising! Pretty proud of myself for doing it though. I am going to go to work and get shit done today! I also have plans to have lunch with a former student who is now attending Mills. She is amazing, has overcome more in her short eighteen years than I will in my lifetime and is going to make the world a better place. I am honored to know her and can't wait to see her. I was just watching a segment from "The Daily Show" that Tim and I had watched the other night and then was just posted by my stepdaughter. They are just brilliant those writers. Not just brilliant, but doing the "real" work of journalists. "Speaking truth to power" as Edward R. Murrow said, something that is just not done enough of in this climate. I need to get the newspaper going this semester. With the kind of kids we have at AR, I can cultivate some real journalists for the planet. It's always a struggle, especially at AR because they are already so busy with college classes and high school. But this is important. What else? I am still technically on vacation until Monday, but have been working either at school or from home all week. It's amazing how unresentful that makes me, must be because I love the work. I really hate this keyboard and need to figure out why it jumps from the line I'm typing on to the lines above when I rest on the touch pad. I tried to adjust it awhile ago, but it's one of those things I need to really understand before I can fix it and that just seems like too much right now. Wow, it's already seven am. I should get in the shower and get going. A little more Facebook trolling and I'll do just that. Au revoir and hasta la proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment