Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer - Day 1 and 2

I was thinking of summer metaphorically the other day. As an orange. An orange I normally keep in the bowl on the counter, admiring its beauty, thinking about how delicious it will be when I actually eat it. This year I have decided instead of admiring it until it's spoiled and gone, I am going to peel it and relish in the flavor. I live in one of the most beautiful spots on earth and I rarely get out to see any of it! I have amazing friends and I don't hang out with them. So, I'm going to do my best to do those things this summer. To enjoy that orange before I have to eventually throw it away. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and there are all sorts of things I will miss including the kids, but I'm going to be away from them no matter what so I might as well enjoy it! I also want to read. Whatever suits me. Not essays or journals or emails. I want to write! Letters to friends and this daily blog. I love to write and don't often get to do it, mostly because I don't make the time for it. I also want to walk and swim. I want to go to my mom's and see people I haven't seen in forever. I want to go to Papoo's and see Orlando! I want to see Toni and Renie and spend loads of time with Michele. So, what have I done so far? On this second day of summer? I went to Farmer's Market. I bought coffee at the place on the corner. I slept in. I woke up early. I took a nap. I read a chapter in a book. Made plans to go to the movies. Made plans to make plans to go to the river and camping. I'm going to call Fem and Toni and Erin. And hey, I wrote here!

No comments:

Post a Comment